Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why Egypt?

So many people have asked me, "Why Egypt?" Well, why not Egypt! But you're right. Most of you know I usually go to Latin American countries if I'm going to be leaving the US, but this time is different. My aunt and uncle have been in Cairo for a year now, volunteering as humanitarian missionaries for our church. As soon as I found out they were going to Egypt, I began making plans to visit. Now it's finally happening!!
My aunt and uncle are unofficially the liasons between our church and the Egyptian government. Together they discuss the needs of the people in Egypt, and then my uncle tells our church what supplies or instruction they need, from wheelchairs, blankets, and school kits to medical care, hygiene kits, and neonatal training courses. It's amazing how it all works! I can't wait to be a part of it.

After being in Egypt for about 8 days, Mandy, Lori, and I are flying to Cypress for 3 days to stay with another missionary couple. While we're there we get to go into the Turkey side of the island, which we're really excited about! From there we fly to Israel to stay with another missionary couple near the Sea of Galilee! Doesn't it just sound so unreal! The adventure is about to begin, and I guarantee we'll have some unbelievable stories to tell. And none of us speak any of the languages, which makes this even better!!

1 comment:

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Be safe and have an amazing trip! Love you!